Sunday, August 26, 2007

Off to Neverland...

Well, just a quick post to say we are STILL waiting. And getting antsier by the minute, I might add. She is moving like crazy but apparently at this point is still quite content to stay cozied up for a bit longer.

We had a nice relaxing weekend here at home, and I totally let myself rest as much as I wanted. I have realized this time that, despite the fact that the house is not spotless and I have some projects yet to do, we will be bringing this baby home, Lord willing, to a MUCH more settled "nest" than ever before, since AG was came one month after we moved into our house and we had dozens of boxes yet to unpack, and then with LL we'd scheduled a major reflooring job for the week before she was due and then she surprised us early, and we came home to most of our furniture and our refrigerator all crammed into our family room. So it's been nice this time to take it a bit easier, though now we are probably even more ready for some action!

Today I went in to let AG know her rest time was over (since it was a "no napper") and she immediately told me she was "playing Wendy" (from Peter Pan) and then gathered up a host of dolls and animals to play all the roles in the story. Then for the entire rest of the afternoon and night she expected to be referred to only as "Wendy" and she did not fail to call LL "L Michael" or "Michael L"continually, as this is LL's assigned role since "Michael has to be somebody with hair." She asked T to be the crocodile and then directed him to get on his "tummy"... he cleverly sought another role and she said, "Oh, you can't be the crocodile because you can't open your mouth wide enough?" This PP theme continued for her without a break. Later when she and T were playing around she accidently knocked off and broke his glasses (which thankfully he was able to fix...). Anyway, LL started chanting, "Daddy broke it...Daddy broke it" and AG said, "I broke them...no, I'm sorry, WENDY broke them!" On and on I could go, but you get the picture. As for my part in the storyline, I was flattered to be "Mommy Tinkerbell"...any help I can get in imagining myself as lightweight and perky right now is welcomed!

Hope you all have had a nice weekend and your week is off to a great start!

No comments: