Monday, August 06, 2007

Leader of the Pack

Here's our view everytime we've walked around the block for the last week. Last Sunday night I took the girls for a walk, and AG said she wanted to ride her trike, so LL and I strolled along behind her and I wondered how far she'd make it. Well, wasn't I pleasantly surprised when she made it all the way around our pretty big block! No complaints, either...only a comment as we neared our street: "I think getting tired or something....I'm going to need some cooling off when we get home!" and a proud exclamation to herself when we approached our driveway: "Good job!"
We've all gone around together a few more times this week so T could see and appreciate this accomplishment, too. Last night there were a few times when I tried to pass her with LL in the stroller, but NO deal! She only rode faster to catch up and wanted to regain her status as leader, and I must say I thought it wise to go along with this so we didn't get run over. It may be awhile before she takes to the road, but for now we have a sidewalk hog in the making.
Peeking out the window on a lazy afternoon...

Hope y'all have a good Monday!

No comments: