Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Our Twinkly Little Star

Yesterday we went to the pediatrician for SJ's two-year well-check (with a bonus of flu shots for all three girls, but let's not talk about that trauma...). Would you believe I forgot to ask them to write down her stats? Actually, I haven't been great about keeping up with this for any of the girls very consistently, but at least if I get that little note it is documented somewhere I can get to it if I ever do record it in something official here at home. So this is what I remember: she weighed in at just a few ounces shy of 30 pounds (75th percentile, was at the 50th percentile on height, and maxed out with her head circumference in the 90th percentile. All of this just confirmed our certainty that she continues to be a bigger little girl than her sisters were at the same ages. Which is most notable to me, really, because it totally justifies my exhaustion with lifting her and carrying her for even a few minutes these days!

She is so fun and funny, and makes us laugh alot with her cute (albeit intense) facial expressions and ways of saying things (which involves a lot of repetition for emphasis, I'm sure!). She loves to vocalize, often singing, squealing, and chanting names and words rhythmically. These are some of her most frequent requests now:
"Look, Mommy!!!"
"Dress up!"
"Jump me, Daddy!" (she loves for T to pick her up high)
"See Swimmy, Mommy!"
and "Baby butter...see...kiss!" which of course means she wants to kiss her baby brother!

She's doing pretty well with the halfhearted potty training we are doing, and has started affirming her successes by saying, "Gate job!" She still is a great night sleeper, though her naps in the last week or so have been a little unpredictable. It seems she always wakes up happy and sometimes requests to stay in her bed when I go to get her, and AG and LL are only too happy to jump in for some cozy playtime. The following video was taken on one of those recent mornings, when LL had joined her in the crib. SJ is singing her version of her favorites songs.

No comments: