Friday, September 25, 2009

"Baby Butter" Update

Today T went with me to my appointment (35 weeks!) because, at my last appointment, my doctor had decided to have an ultrasound done "to see how big this baby is." I didn't ask what he was thinking because he didn't seem alarmed; I was just kind of surprised to get another chance to see the baby at this point. I didn't have an ultrasound this late with any of the girls, so it was pretty amazing to see just how much baby is in there...alot more than at the 20 week mark, for sure! I was so glad to have T there (we left the girls at home with a sweet friend) and we got some great views of our baby boy's face. The sonographer's measurements led to an estimation that he currently weighs about 6 pounds, 2 ounces, which is right at the 51st percentile. This reassured Dr. K that he is plenty big and left me wondering if we are going to have our first 8 pounder! We shall see!

No comments: