Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh, LL

I just put LL back in bed after tonight's post-bedtime potty party. This has become her predictable pattern each night: bedtime routine (last step being going to the potty before getting into bed for lights out, prayers, and kisses), then 5-15 minutes later, we hear her back in the bathroom (even though we've told her to stay in bed because we know she JUST went). When we go in there, she assures us she has to go to the potty and needs more time, which translated means she needs more time to sing songs and read the available books with her own plots twists. It is clearly a lot of fun for her, getting to express those last creative thoughts of the day. Tonight when I went in she was "reading" a book about Freddie the tugboat and incorporated a plotline inspired by her own (opposite) experience this week; she said, "Hooray for Freddie! He gets to have treats because he didn't put stickers on the wall!" However, most nights we are major potty party poopers and just want to get her straight back to bed!

A few more LL stories:
One day this week at lunch, LL suddenly and enthusiastically said: "You disgust me!" I immediately told her that wasn't a kind thing to say, but then I realized she actually said, "You discussed me!" In her Cinderella book she noticed the part where the duke and the prince's father "discussed" needing to find a wife for the prince. We had talked a little about that part one night weeks ago and I had forgotten it until her lunchtime comment. Anyway, we went on with our afternoon, but then at supper, she said again, "You discussed me!" in the same jubilant way. This time I knew what she was saying, but before I could comment, Trey said, "LL, that's not a good thing to say." We got it cleared up and had a good laugh, but I think it'll be a while before she understands and knows how to correctly use that word!

Some mornings if I am still in bed when LL wakes up, she gets into bed and snuggles with me, putting her arm around my neck and resting peacefully for a few minutes before requesting to start the morning's activities. This morning, she said, "Mommy, I just love your heart! I'm going to keep you forever!" I know exactly how she feels!!!

1 comment:

Elder Family said...

Hey Jessica! The girls are so precious and growing up so fast! I am thinking about doing a blog book on blurb- do you recommend it or not? Miss ya'll