Monday, January 26, 2009

A New Year Begins

Finally...I am getting around to posting about the new year just as the first month of it draws to a close! I have totally gotten out of the blogging routine lately, due in part to having spent a lot of time before Christmas compiling a blog book using Blurb. It'll be a great keepsake, and I'm glad I did it, but one of the unexpected effects was that I had enough of thinking about and staring at our blog to last me a long, long time! So if you are considering publishing your blog, go for it, but be forewarned!

We've had a typically busy month, getting back into the routines of work, school, and life in general. The girls are busy as bees and growing like weeds, each moving swiftly through phases and stages in her own way. I think all the time, "I've got to write that down!" and then of course I usually don't. Here are a few photos taken right at the start of the month.

We went to visit our parents for New Year's. Here a very rare sight in our van: SJ asleep. LL does it all the time while we're driving on trips, but SJ almost never falls asleep, even on the longest drives. She was worn out from all the fun (this was on the way home...blogger keeps reversing the order of my photos...any solutions would be welcomed!)


We spent Jan. 2 with my mom's brothers, my aunt, my cousins, their wives and two new babies! Such fun! Here are the girls with Gran and one of the sweet babies!


Another sleeping rarity for SJ...napping on one of us! T rocked her to sleep and of course he loved every minute of it!


Another sweet moment of rocking on the porch with her Daddy. Daddy, her lovie, and her thumb...good thing she doesn't have to choose a favorite!


AG and LL still LOVE to play dress-up. It is so crazy to see them running around in my old dance costumes!

No comments: