Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Berry Good Day

On Good Friday we went on a last minute outing to pick strawberries! I still don't know how we've lived here almost 6 years and never done this before...it was lots of fun and the berries were fantastic! We decided to pick a flat and all hit the field to start picking. I must admit I was not much help with SA along in the sling! I think the kids picked about a pint each before the boys and I headed for some shade, leaving T and the girls to fill up the rest of the baskets! T kept going long after the rest of us called it a day...but there was lots more to do there as you will see!

RL's first bite...
but not his last!
Getting his hand painted...
Visiting the little piglets in the barn...
All the kids enjoyed watching the animals in the barn...pigs, chiekens, turkeys, ponies, rabbits, and calves.

I enjoyed watching RL in that barn...it was the first time I really noticed a very distinctive little boy "swagger" (that's the word that came to mind as he tromped around the barn in a very self-assured way...as if he owned the place!). I think this picture captures a little of the attitude I saw that day!
Berry sweet sisters
SA was a good sport that day even though he couldn't eat any of the berries!
There was a big play area for the kids, including a huge red bouncy hill.
Mmmmm..."so much better than the ones from the grocery store," as AG said! We ate alot fresh, made freezer jam (which we just ran out of the week!), and made a pie for Easter!
That night AG lost her second front top tooth! She'd lost the first one on Valentine's Day, and though the weeks keep passing the gap is still there!

No comments: