Saturday, January 08, 2011

Our Christmas Celebration: Part 1 of 3

We began our Christmas celebration with family as we always do, with T's family on Christmas Eve, and it was such a fun time! Here are a few highlights:

I'm bumping this photo to the first spot because it represents why, for us, this year could be aptly called "the year of the truck". A few days before Christmas, RL began to say his long-awaited second word: "tuck"...definitely meaning "truck." And then as if on cue, he was showered with trucks for Christmas over the following days: dump truck, ride-on fire truck, car transporter, small, large, trucks of all descriptions. He now crawls around on the floor pushing them along...I have never seen one of our children do this! I've known he was a boy, but now he is doing real little boy things that I have only heard about and seen other boys do...and it so strikingly adorable to me!


Reading with Nana...I like this because it made me realize that AG has found a way to get around what had become a daily battle on our couch: which of the three girls would be the "outsider" when they all sat down to read with me. I hadn't really thought about it til I saw this, but lately we've not been having that dilemma so much, and it's because she's started sitting on the back of the sofa if she can. A perfect example of how to take the high road to overcome sibling rivalry, I guess!


Picking citrus at Mimi and PawPaw's is a Christmas tradition of sorts, and such a fun thing for the girls...not to mention rewarding! Mimi's satsumas are probably our favorite fruit of all!

SJ picking kumquats...


LL stretching for a satsuma...


AG gets a grapefruit...


With Grandpa and Aunt Edith and their bags of fruit!


We gathered at T's Uncle F and Aunt C's house for dinner and gifts on Christmas Eve night. RL was all over the place...and all my photos of him that night turned out blurry. I've got to figure out how to focus and stop action better with this new camera because he is definitely not going to sit still for me!


Our girls and boy with their cousins


Mimi and PawPaw with the grands and great-grands


Mimi and her girls


RL was very interested in Nanoo's Rudolph headband.


On Christmas morning we woke up at Mimi and PawPaw's and opened more gifts...RL was happy with his truck and this neat ride-on toy.


We went to Nanoo and Uncle Bill's for Christmas lunch and lots of fun playtime.


RL was on a short leash :) He would have loved to get his hands on this nativity!


Nanoo got out her original Barbie dolls and clothes for the girls to play with...they had such fun!


More to come...

No comments: