Wednesday, November 03, 2010

SJ Sweetness

SJ has always been such a sweetie, but lately it seems that she is constantly saying or doing something that makes us laugh out loud. First, my personal favorite for obvious reasons as you'll see, is that several weeks ago she declared about her own tummy," This is Mommy's tummy...Mommy is in charge of my belly button." To say that is a role to be coveted is putting it mildly. She is quite a cuddly little girl, and if ever there has been a tummy worth vying for at our house it is hers, so I was delighted with this announcement. Since then T has managed to be worked back into the "in charge of the tummy" picture to the point where the last time the topic came up, we were given joint custody. I'm happy to share :)

When T was not feeling well a few weeks ago she heard me comment that maybe he had "a bug." Later she said, "I think he's sick...that fly got him!"

A few nights ago while we were getting settled to read a story, she got up from her seat beside T and moved down the sofa to sit by me. He made a lighthearted comment about it, and she explained, "I wanted to sit by somebody older." Well, good choice! I have no idea if she really understands that I am a little older than he is, but good thing I am not sensitive about my age...:)

She is a super-eager prayer. Before meals or at bedtime the words, "Let's pray" are not even off our lips before she is getting started. She always remembers to pray for people who are sick, and this week that has included "people with scratches, people with bruises, and people with blisters" so if you are in one of those categories, be encouraged that you are being lifted up!

Earlier today she chose a pair of day-of-the-week panties to wear, and though it's Wednesday, she wore "Sunday" the rest of the afternoon. Tonight as she was changing into her pj's, I heard her tell T, "These say "Church"!"





1 comment:

amy said...

So funny! I love the comments little 3 year olds make!