Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RL's Room

It's been a work in progress for months, but we finally have a "finished" nursery suitable for a little boy. All the pink and flowers went out before he ever slept there, but adding in all the new things for him took alot longer than I meant for it to. It's not unusual for my projects to take ages to get done (if they ever do!), so I am just thankful he has a crib skirt while he's still sleeping in the crib! I like how it all came together, and especially that we were able to use some things that have some family history. Here's a peek:

The best of all, the little man himself!


New valance, made from vintage fabric from Mimi's sewing closet


Cat in the Hat collages made from an old library book


Above the crib


Cribskirt from Mimi's fabric


My parents bought this rocker when they were expecting me, and the coverlet on the back was PopPop's when he was a little boy. The framed print has RL's birth stats and lyrics from "You are My Sunshine" and was a gift from thoughtful friends which perfectly matched our new nursery!


Just a few more...probably my favorite parts of the whole room. This cat puzzle was the first thing my mom bought for me after she knew she was expecting, and the framed photos are all of T as a little boy.


So there you have it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the room, such a great idea and job with the set up. He'll have great inspiration to be creative and whimsical. He's such a handsome fellow.