Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Little Laundry Ladies

Yesterday the four of us girls were hanging out in the family room and I was attempting to accomplish a little laundry folding while the girls played. Occasionally they have helped me fold in the past, and they eagerly jumped in on the work. As I watched and listened, I couldn't help but just stop my own folding and wonder (and laugh!) at the ways each of them displayed her unique personality as she got involved in the very same activity.

SJ was cracking herself, and us, up by using her increasing leg strength to launch herself, face first, onto my stacks of freshly folded clothes. She rolled and giggled as if it was the most fun thing ever, then she would recover and do it again! AG was busily sorting through the baskets, determined to find only her own clothes to fold and then stacking the finished products on the sofa. She seemed to think SJ was funny but quickly suggested, with a very knowing tone, that I move my stacks to the sofa, like hers, so SJ wouldn't mess them up anymore. LL steadily pulled random items from the baskets with a constant stream of glowing comments: "Oh, look at this dress...isn't it pretty!" "Look at this little onesie...it's SO cute!!" "Here's a shirt...I like that shirt!" "Look at Mommy's shorts...they are SO SO big!" (Well, yes, they are, compared to those for toddlers!) They were so cute, just being themselves. So of course I took some pictures!






Doing the chores with three little helpers doesn't exactly make for the most efficient worktime, but it sure does make it more fun!

3 comments:

AM said...

that is so funny! It is so fun seeing their personalities develop. Your girls are adorable!

Ruthie said...

LL looks so completely different! I haven't checked the blog in awhile, which makes it even more fun to see them change! They're beautiful!

Staff said...

http://bajaloyaa.blogspot.com/