Thursday, April 24, 2008

A 5K and a Ballet

Here are a few of the activities that have filled our last two Saturdays. First, the day before T's birthday, he ran in a race and we all went along to cheer him on! Actually, we saw him off from the starting point and then the girls and I went straight to the finish point, which was just about a block away. It was fun to watch for him and see him cross the finish line! We hung out afterward at his company's tent and enjoyed some live music and jambalaya. The girls had fun and discovered this fountain nearby.

Then, last weekend, AG's long wait to enjoy her birthday present from us finally came to an end! She and I went to see Cinderella (a ballet)...here we are before heading downtown to the theater.
It was a great show and she really seemed to take it all in. We both enjoyed the ballet and getting to see the stage where she will dance in her first recital in just a few weeks! It was in the afternoon, so of course she didn't have any rest time...so by the time we got home I was chauffering Sleeping Beauty!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Seeing your girls gets me choked up a little, as it makes me think of my growing up - I was the oldest of 3. This in particular made me think of going to see the Nutcracker in Jackson every year at Christmas time. Really magical memories.